Re: [Chicken-users] tinyclos on windows

From: Matt Welland
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] tinyclos on windows
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 22:49:45 -0700

I'm not making any headway on tinyclos. On 4.6.3 the "(use tinyclos)" works but there are still more problems, perhaps due to trying too many things without a fresh start. However, is tinyclos supported or not? Perhaps the time is better spent on getting coops to work.

Regarding coops. Has anyone put together a "translation" layer that allows tinyclos code to work with coops without rewriting? Is it even possible? I've got over 90k lines of code sprinkled with tinyclos here and there and it will be tedious to translate by hand. If no such translation layer exists I can try some perl in place ....

I don't think translating to coops is so hard but my first attempt yielded a program that appeared to run but didn't do some of the things it was supposed to do.

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi!

* Hans Nowak <address@hidden> [101223 17:11]:
> 2010/12/23 Matt Welland <address@hidden>:
> > C:\Users\matt>csi
> >
> > CHICKEN
> > (c)2008-2010 The Chicken Team
> > (c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
> > Version 4.6.0
> > windows-mingw32-x86 [ manyargs dload ptables ]
> > compiled Wed 12/22/2010  on hermes (MinGW)
> >
> > #;1> (use tinyclos)
> >
> > Error: (inexact->exact) inexact number cannot be represented as an exact
> > number:
> >  1293115.331
>
> I'm getting the same error, using Chicken 4.6.0 on Mac OS X 10.5.
>
> Upon successive runs, the values I got were 1293120.171, 1293120.18,
> and 1293120.198.  Because it goes up a bit every time, I wonder if it
> has anything to do with the conversion of a date/time value, or
> something similar.

Can you try this with at least 4.6.1? It should work then although
I am not sure the tinyclos egg is still in a usable shape. I would
love to hear about difficulties with the transition to coops! Can
you show me some code that is hard to translate? Maybe there is a
cure for your pains there?

Thanks for you both reporting on the issue!

Merry Christmas!

Christian