Re: [Chicken-users] Wish: Parallel Map

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Wish: Parallel Map
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:39:35 +0100

Am Montag, den 27.12.2010, 19:13 -0500 schrieb Joe Python:

> Python has a Parallel version of 'map' where we can  offload work to
> os level processes (worker pool) and get the results

Find attached two files.

pthreads.scm: a pthread pool where you can offload work to.
sqlite3.scm: uses the pthread module.

sqlite3.scm is actually a showcase too: pthreads running sqlite3 can
call back to chicken (I'm using the vfs interface).  (Which in turn is
used by ball.askemos.org to implement byzantine replication of the
SQLite interpreter).

Hope this helps

/Jörg