[Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 egg patches for chicken experimental branch

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 egg patches for chicken experimental branch
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 04:05:44 +0100

2011/1/5 Alan Post <address@hidden>:
> noop and milliseconds->time are removed (after being deprecated) in
> the experimental branch of chicken.  The following patches allow the
> sqlite3 egg to compile against the chicken experimental branch.
>
> I'm least certain about the milliseconds-deprecate patch, as the
> sqlite3 egg is declared to use fixnum arithmetic, which probably
> degrades the resolution of the timer once this patch is applied.
> [...]

Hello Alan,

the patch replacing noop by void is fine, of course. Concerning the
change of thread-sleep!/ms I have the same doubts as you: It should
really be possible to sleep less than a second waiting for database
locks, so the computation inside thread-sleep!/ms would have to be
changed to return a floating point number. I guess it is best to
remove the declaration of fixnum arithmetic.

Ciao,
Thomas