[Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 egg still failing in experimental branch

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 egg still failing in experimental branch
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 17:21:06 +0100

2011/1/14 .alyn.post. <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> The sqlite3 is still failing to compile in the experimental branch:
> [...]
> Will you apply the patches I sent you to the sqlite3 egg?
> [...]

Hello,

yes, I know. I will apply the patch eventually but I have to / want to
disable the fixnum arithmetic declaration at the same time and insert
calls to fixnum specific procedures where appropriate.

Now, if I make these modifications I want to do it carefully,
especially changing all the arithmetic calls. But I simply haven't
gotten around to installing the experimental CHICKEN branch (usually I
only update to snapshot releases and I very much dislike git ...)  and
to updating the SQLite3 egg.

> [...]
> I was able to modify genturfa'i to use those procedures rather than
> declaring fixnum.  Would you like a new patch that uses this same
> approach in sqlite3?  Disabling the fixnum declare but replacing you
> maths operations with fixnum versions?
> [...]

If you took the time to do that, I would be glad to accept an improved
patch :-)

> [...]
> What do you need to get the sqlite3 egg updated to compile against
> the experimental branch?
> [...]

Hmm, maybe a reduction of Earth rotation speed to prolonge my spare
time hours would be good? Or maybe some genetic modification to reduce
the necessary amount of sleep?

Ciao,
Thomas