[Chicken-users] Cython first run

From: David Dreisigmeyer
Subject: [Chicken-users] Cython first run
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:38:44 -0500

Hi everyone,

A basic Chicken REPL running inside a Python REPL.  Passing variables
back and forth between Python and Chicken is a bit awkward.  README
has the commands and a sample Python session.  Let me know if you see
anything wrong.  I need to leave so things aren't perfect, but I
thought it would be interesting enough to share now.

A few things:

** The LINE_NUMBER variable doesn't reset correctly between subsequent
entries into the Chicken REPL -- I need to figure out why.

** I couldn't get CHICKEN_eval_string_to_string to work directly from
chicken.h.  Instead I had to write a wrapper C_chick_eval in
cychicken.c.  A little annoying but hopefully it'll get figured out.
Then the whole build process will just be:

python cython_chicken.py build_ext --inplace

and the only files will be

cython_chicken.py
cython_chicken.pyx

** Question, Gambit-C needed a final cleanup() call after you were
done with the Scheme evaluations: Will Chicken need something similar?

-Dave