Re: [Chicken-users] coops

From: schugk
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] coops
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:34:51 +0100

Hi,

all pairs are subtypes of the type of lists

Then all pairs are lists? What about (cons 1 2)? I thought a list is a pair which cdr is a list (or the empty list -- exclude that case for a moment). Perhaps I have misunderstood you. I am not that firm with types and i am a little confused by 'pairs are types'. In general i would say: pairs are not lists and lists are not pairs (because of the empty list).

Maybe there are others ways to specialized the generic procedure 'show' for <list> and <pair> in coops. I really do not want to change the source of coops-primitive-object.scm. Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
Sandro