Re: [Chicken-users] readline egg (OS X 10.6.6 / Chicken 4.6.0)

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] readline egg (OS X 10.6.6 / Chicken 4.6.0)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:10:34 +0100

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 06:02:12AM -0500, David Dreisigmeyer wrote:
> Using Macports, I had to do the following in order to get the readline
> egg to install:
>
> $ sudo ln -s /opt/local/lib/libreadline.dylib /usr/local/lib/
> $ sudo ln -s /opt/local/include/readline/ /usr/local/include/readline
>
> The procedure on the wiki didn't work.

The procedure on the wiki *should* work if you're also using Chicken
from Macports.  By default, Chicken adds the PREFIX where it is
installed to the library search path.

If you wish to install eggs that link against libraries from elsewhere,
it's better to use CSC_OPTIONS.  You shouldn't need to mess around
with symlinks.

I don't have an OS X box to test it on but something like this should
do the trick:

CSC_OPTIONS="-L/usr/local/lib -rpath /usr/local/lib -I/usr/local/include"
chicken-install readline

Cheers,
Peter
--