[Chicken-users] Internal defines broken when compiled?

From: Eric Jiang
Subject: [Chicken-users] Internal defines broken when compiled?
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:47:18 -0500

Hi all,
I wrote a procedure with several internal defines, and am running into
problems with the compiled program.  Running the compiled program
gives an "unbound variable" error for a Chicken-generated variable.

The following snippet reproduces the error:

    (define (x)
      (define (foo) (length bar))
      (define bar `(1 2 3 ,foo))
      (foo))

    (x) ;; should give 4

However, this example works when interpreted in csi and petite.  I
searched the manual for some indication of whether this behavior in
csc is documented, but did not turn up anything.

I've tested this with 4.4.0, 4.5.0, and the current Chicken.

If somebody could confirm whether this is a known issue or not, that
would be great.

Thanks,
Eric Jiang
erjiang at indiana edu