Re: [Chicken-users] C_word type / Cython (warning: passing argument 2 fr

From: David Dreisigmeyer
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] C_word type / Cython (warning: passing argument 2 from incompatible pointer type)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 13:23:56 -0500

> Maybe we need to rewind the discussion. What is it again you want
> to do?  I missed that part.

I have a Python and a Chicken REPL embedded in a second Python REPL.
I can call Chicken using CHICKEN_eval_string_to_string and return a
string.  But, I'd like to have this converted to a Python type since
I'm assigning these to the globals() so I can: 1) get autocompletion,
2) have something usable in Python, and 3) be able to parse this back
into any subsequent Chicken calls.  For the latter I'd need to go the
opposite way Python -> Scheme.  Basically, I'd prefer to use
CHICKEN_eval_string if I could change the result into something C (and
then Cython) could work with.

Similar conversions have been done in the pyffi egg, so I'm taking a
look at that also.

Another option could be to test what type it is in Chicken and pass
this out as a flag to Python which I'd use to determine the parsing.
This would seem to be the long way around though since if I have
something C can work with, Cython should be able to handle changing
this into a Python variable.