Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme 3 extension dependency problem

From: Paul Nelson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme 3 extension dependency problem
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:25:20 -0600

I'm not sure. I'm very new to Chicken Scheme. All I can assert is that when I tried to use chicken-setup from a Chicken Scheme 3 instance to install an Egg (e.g. stream-parser or scheme-dissect), it fails due to a broken dependency on simple-logging.

When I reviewed the available Eggs for Scheme 3 and available Eggs for Scheme 4, simple-logging was listed in the latter but not in the former. However, I looked at it again today while looking up the URL's and none of the Eggs for svnwiki are listed on the Scheme 4 Eggs page anymore, including simple-logging. I'm certain they were in that list several days ago.

Perhaps the removal of the svnwiki Eggs from Scheme 4 also means the simple-logging dependency has been removed from the Scheme 3 Eggs. I may try an svnwiki install again eventually.