Re: [Chicken-users] cvjm

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cvjm
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:27:34 +0100 (CET)

From: Alaric Snell-Pym <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 23:01:11 +0000

> What made you do this, out of interest? Purely the thought it'd be cool,
> or was there some particular project in mind?

No particular project, just curiosity. The JVM is very nicely and
thoroughly specified. And of course it would be great to have
some sort of _clean_ interface to Java code. JNI is a mess,
an abomination. But it is a long way to run anything besides
toy programs in the moment. Porting Classpath is quite a job,
but perhaps I (we?) can at least put together like the J2ME
CLDC subset, perhaps by simple implementing all in Scheme
and provide the functionality as native methods.