Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme 3 extension dependency problem

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme 3 extension dependency problem
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:17:39 +0100

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 07:42:49PM -0600, Paul Nelson wrote:
> Success! WooHoo!!! :-D

Yay! Congratulations!

> The patch definitely did the trick. Thanks so much for hanging in there with
> me to get this figured out.

Thank *you* for being so persistent. Most people would've given up after
a few hours of trying (or less).

> As promised, here is the link to my project on Github that will create a new
> EC2 instance and install qwiki:
> https://github.com/Pablosan/ec2_create_instance

Cool

> I haven't added the patch to my qwiki_instance.sh script. Maybe I won't need
> to? Will checking this fix into trunk also update the Eggs repository?

I've updated trunk, but this will not automatically be updated in the
eggs repo until I actually tag a new release version.  I will do so soon.
I'd like to wait a couple of days before doing so, just in case you hit
some other snags.

> I'll continue to work on my script as if this won't be available through
> chicken-install for now.

That's fine.  You probably want to add a version check to the patching,
though.  If you're on qwiki 1.1, apply the patch.  For newer versions
the patch will be already applied and your script would fail.
The version can be queried by running "chicken-status qwiki".

It can also be obtained from Chicken:
(use setup-api)
(cadr (assq 'version (read-info "qwiki")))

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx