[Chicken-users] raw packet interface

From: Nicolas Pelletier
Subject: [Chicken-users] raw packet interface
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:29:25 +0900

Hello Chickenistas,

As part of testing a network appliance (router/firewall etc...), I'd
like to be able to read and write arbitrary data to the network. So
I'm wondering if somebody has already some tools to interface to
low-level networking services, such as BPF, libpcap... I am trying to
find error cases in the handling of incoming packets in the appliance;
I do not need throughput performance nor very precise timings. I am
running under FreeBSD 8.1. I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks in advance,

--
Nicolas