Re: [Chicken-users] Re: No... but it is... interesting...

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: No... but it is... interesting...
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 20:30:49 +0100 (CET)

From: Ivan Shmakov <address@hidden>
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: No... but it is... interesting...
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:01:29 +0600

>       How do the goals of SPOCK compare to those of Scheme2Js [1]?  Is
>       it aimed at better R^5RS compliance, in particular?

Yes, scheme2js does not support tail calls. There is a paper
describing a call/cc implementation, but I don't know whether this has
been integrated. SPOCK fully handles these things, and also has a
quite powerful syntax-rules implementation (alexpander). Scheme2js is
likely to generate faster and more compact code, though.