Re: [Chicken-users] Re: dbus:send bug

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: dbus:send bug
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:01:51 +0100

Hi John!

> This is misleading.  It should say "send a signal" instead of "message".
> The second clause is also misleading, because there is simply no
> response to wait for.
>
> Then the examples just need to be fixed up to use dbus:call instead of
> dbus:send.  The second example uses dbus:send-and-await-reply, which
> isn't even part of the api.  It seems to have a different call form from
> dbus:call, so we would have to examine that more closely and figure out
> what the intent was.

First of all, thanks for your detailed report!  As you are the first
user of this egg after a long time I would suspect some bitrot.
Please feel free to change the wiki page as you see fit and maybe
send patches for the egg to the author, maybe cc'ed to this list.
I hope you are not put off by all the dust that has set on this
extension. Let's make it better!

Kind regards,

Christian