Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme 3 extension dependency problem

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme 3 extension dependency problem
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 22:26:44 +0100

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 01:45:22PM -0500, Paul Nelson wrote:
> Heya Peter!
>
> Yep, that seems to have done the trick. I guess I missed that step as it was
> not in my install script. It is now!

It shouldn't need to be.  I suppose there are just a few places where it
could go wrong but once I tag it everything will work as expected.
Running it before starting the qwiki installation script shouldn't cause
harm though, so you can safely keep it in your script.

> Oh, and I just realized that I should
> probably only run that csi command when using qwiki version 1.1. Once the
> new version of qwiki is installed by aptitude I won't need this step
> anymore, correct?

See above :)

> As far as I can tell everything seems to be working correctly.

Great!

> Thanks for hanging in there with me! I'm very happy with the result!

Great!

> Cheers,
> Paul
>
> P.S. I have pushed the changes to my EC2 Spiffy/Qwiki install script to my
> public github account.

Great!

> The file qwiki_instance.sh can be found here:
> https://github.com/Pablosan/ec2_create_instance so anyone should be able to
> use this to get qwiki running in an EC2 instance.

Great!

> Fair warning: it is not
> very secure as I still need to run spiffy in an account other than root!

Not so great!

I'm just joking of course; I think it's cool you're working on making it
easy to deploy qwiki, and helping me shake out some bugs.

I'll wait a bit and if you don't encounter any more bugs in the upcoming
period I'll tag a new release.

Cheers,
Peter
--