Re: [Chicken-users] How to read documentation installed by make ... inst

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How to read documentation installed by make ... install?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:58:43 +0100 (CET)

From: John Velman <address@hidden>
Subject: [Chicken-users] How to read documentation installed by make ...
install?
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:49:28 -0700

Hi!

> I've just compiled and installed chicken on my iMac (snowleopard 10.6.6),
> and everything went smoothly.

Very good.

> One thing:  The documentation is infact installed in
> /usr/local/share/chicken/doc, but it's in plain ascii with, I guess, svnwiki
> markup.  Is there a reader for this?

What version do you have installed? The conversion to HTML
is relatively recent, so it might be possible that the
version you installed still contains the documentation in
plain wiki markup.

> I must be missing something obvious, but I can't find browser plugins for
> safari, firefox, opera, ..., and so far all just show the markup text (as
> does plain old vim).

The wiki format is our own, so the browser will only show it as
text. For the time being you will have to use the docs at
call-cc.org or use a newer version.