[Chicken-users] FFI and jackaudio

From: Tomtom
Subject: [Chicken-users] FFI and jackaudio
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 19:00:04 +0100

Hi.

I'm desesperately trying to make a program that communicates with the [Jack
sound server](http://jackaudio.org) - up to now, it's a failure, certainly
caused by my poor understanding of chicken's FFI. My current goal is to port
this simple jack client :
http://subversion.jackaudio.org/jack/jack2/trunk/jackmp/example-clients/simple_client.c

first question: how should I write my bindings ? directly with the foreign
module ? with bind ? easyffi ? lazy-ffi ?

second question: is there an extensive tutorial on the subject, appart from the
doc ? I saw the "extended FFI example" but it is based on easyffi (the doc says
I should prefer the more recent "bind" module) and is a bit dry for me. Or
maybe someone could point me to an egg showing good practices in FFI's use ?

Thanks for reading,

tom