[Chicken-users] Building My Own .so

From: David N Murray
Subject: [Chicken-users] Building My Own .so
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:55:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to wrap some utility functions in a module into a .so.  I'm
getting undefined symbol errors, and I'm not quite sure how to resolve
them:

$ csc -s lib.scm -j lib
Undefined symbols:
  "_C_regex_toplevel", referenced from:
      _f_1400 in lib.o
  "_C_symbol_2dutils_toplevel", referenced from:
      _f_1412 in lib.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Error: shell command terminated with non-zero exit status 256: gcc lib.o
-o lib.so -m64 -bundle -L"/usr/local/lib" -lchicken -lm
$

My code has
(import regex)
and
(use symbol-utils)
(there's a bunch of other libs import'd and use'd, but these two are the
only ones generating an error.)

I'm guessing I need to explicitly include the relevant .sos, but I'm not
sure how (or why, since there's other things that are found ok).

Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA,
Dave