Re: [Chicken-users] performance isssue with FFI callbacks

From: tomtom
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] performance isssue with FFI callbacks
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:25:56 +0100

hi felix

> It is essential that the call into C that will potentially
> invoke the callback is wrapped with "foreign-safe-lambda[*]".
> Calls to C that might invoke Scheme again need some special
> setup or the runtime system will get confused. Is "jack_activate"
> a wrapped C function? If yes, use "foreign-safe-lambda" to bind
> it.

indeed, jack_activate is a wrapped C function, and and I used
foreign-safe-lambda. Well at first I didn't, but then I got a pretty explicit
error message:

> [panic] callback invoked in non-safe context - execution terminated

if the problem is related to a missing "safe", it doesn't come from there.

If anyone is interested, you can have a look at the complete code here:
http://pastebin.com/97qkhibv

thanks

tom