Re: [Chicken-users] Difficulty installing Hyde egg

From: John Magolske
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Difficulty installing Hyde egg
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 08:53:52 -0700

* Stephen Eilert <address@hidden> [110404 08:43]:
> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 3:06 PM, John Magolske <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I'd like to to install the Hyde egg into a location in my home
> > directory:
> >
> >  % chicken-install -v
> >  4.6.0
> >
> >  % echo $CHICKEN_REPOSITORY
> >  /home/john/.chicken/lib/chicken/5
> >
> >  % echo $CHICKEN_INCLUDE_PATH
> >  /home/john/.chicken/lib/chicken/5
> >
> >  % chicken-install -p ~/.chicken/lib/chicken/5 hyde
> >
> > But the install gets stuck here:
> >
> >  [...]
> >  Warning: extension `defstruct' is currently not installed
>
> Are you able to install it without using the custom prefix?

Haven't tried that yet, was trying to avoid doing a root install.
One mistake I did notice, I did:

  % chicken-install -p ~/.chicken/lib/chicken/5 hyde

Which installs to something like ~/.chicken/lib/chicken/5/lib/chicken/5
I believe the correct way should be:

  % chicken-install -p ~/.chicken hyde

I tried that too, but still get the same defstruct not installed error.
Won't be able to try again till later this evening (California time),
will report back.

Thanks,

John

--