Re: [Chicken-users] Difficulty installing Hyde egg

From: Imran Rafique
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Difficulty installing Hyde egg
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 03:57:00 +0000

On 5 April 2011 19:12, John Magolske <address@hidden> wrote:
> * Felix <address@hidden> [110405 09:06]:
>> Is this with CHICKEN_REPOSITORY set?
>
> Ah, I made a mistake...in my ~/.zshrc I had:
>
>  CHICKEN_REPOSITORY=/home/jm/.chicken
>
> But what's needed is:
>
>  export CHICKEN_REPOSITORY=/home/jm/.chicken
>
> So with that fixed, I now see:
>
>  cp -r matchable.so /home/jm/.chicken/matchable.so
>
> rather than:
>
>  cp -r matchable.so /var/lib/chicken/5/matchable.so
>
> And the install proceeds up until:
>
>  cp -r scss2css /usr/bin/scss2css
>  cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/bin/scss2css': Permission denied
>
>> Executables get not installed in the repository, but in the BINPATH,
>> where "chicken", "csi", etc. are installed.   [...]
>> I have no solution for the BINPATH problem.

John, I may have missed this earlier in the thread (I wear glasses|contacts for
a reason!!), but did you set CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX ?

export CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/jm/.chicken
export CHICKEN_REPOSITORY="${CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/chicken/5"

Executables installed by an egg (such as scss2css) would then go under
$CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX/bin (so you can prepend that to your $PATH, for maximum
convenience)

--
Regards,
       Imran Rafique