Re: [Chicken-users] 4.6.7 development snapshot available

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 4.6.7 development snapshot available
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 08:48:56 +0200 (CEST)

> Will there be release candidates too?

I don't know - I thought the snapshots have more or less the
status of RCs. Ivan, what do you think?

> I installed the snapshot and noticed a few things:
>
> - The include files are now installed in PREFIX/include/chicken/*.h
>    This is probably important enough to be mentioned in NEWS

Yes, that's true. This change was necessary to allow installing
multiple chickens with different PROGRAM_PREFIX/PROGRAM_SUFFIX
to be installed into the same PREFIX. Unfortunatly, depending
on include-path search order of the C compiler, this can cause
trouble if an old chicken.h is installed in the old location.
I will add this to the NEWS file.

> - There is no plaintext manual installed anymore.  There's mention of
>    a "manual-labor"-generated HTML manual but that's not installed.

This is done in the release process, not when a snapshot is
generated. I think this is sufficient, but we can modify the
snapshot-generation script to generate the HTML, if that's
requested.

> - The logo picture isn't installed anymore :)

Oops. I'll check that.