[Chicken-users] Chicken integration into OpenEmbedded

From: Otavio Salvador
Subject: [Chicken-users] Chicken integration into OpenEmbedded
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 23:44:57 +0000

Hello,

Some of you might already know that we're working at integrating
Chicken into OpenEmbedded (OE).

So far, got some good progress on it but currently we're stuck now and
want to gather some input on the issues we're having.

First I will try to give some background about how we're doing the
integration. For OpenEmbedded we're adding Chicken as another
toolchain, so we got three type of builds:

* chicken - intended to run on target device.
* chicken-native - to run on the host to run code or whatever need.
* chicken-cross - to run on the host but compile code to target.

Those recipes can be found at
https://github.com/OSSystems/meta-oe/tree/chicken/meta-chicken/recipes-devtools/chicken
(this is work in progress and once done will be merged into official
OE).

Our current problem is with the cross builder. It has been built using
the PROGRAM_PREFIX set to the target machine (e.g.: i586-oe-linux,
arm-oe-linux, ...) and it does built fine.

Currently when we run "${TARGET}-chicken-install -target <something>"
it fails. ${TARGET}-csc calls the target gcc with lib${TARGET}-chicken
as library to link to and this seems wrong since it is suppose to link
against target library (thus without ${TARGET} on name).

Any idea how I could use the build system to instruct csc to not do that?

Thanks in advance,

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: address@hidden http://www.ossystems.com.br