Re: [Chicken-users] Problem w/ a new egg

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problem w/ a new egg
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 09:26:43 +0200

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 07:53:14AM +0200, Felix wrote:
> From: Kon Lovett <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Chicken-users] Problem w/ a new egg
> Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 20:05:24 -0700
>
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Having a "me too stupid" problem:
> >
> > I added an egg - csv-xml - to the svn repo Sat. Attempts to install
> > yield:
> >
> > Warning: extension `csv-xml' has no .meta file - assuming it has no
> > dependencies

If it's a new egg, you will need to add an entry to the egg-locations
file in order to get it picked up.
Just copy one of the other entries of an egg that's maintained in svn
and replace the egg name.

> > My initial save did not list the .meta in the files manifest so the
> > above msg made some sense. I quickly remedied the oversight. But I
> > still get the msg. (And yes, chicken-install works with -transport
> > local.)
> >
> > Any ideas before I dig into the chicken-install source?
> >

> This must be some henrietta-cache issue. It probably didn't pick
> up your new 0.10.0, since the tag didn't change. Tagging a higher
> version (0.10.1) may trigger generation of a new tarball. Just
> a guess, but sounds likely.

Yes. Changing existing tags is not done (never has been) and is not
supported anymore by henrietta-cache.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,
Peter