[Chicken-users] tk egg on MS Windows works great!

From: Claude Marinier
Subject: [Chicken-users] tk egg on MS Windows works great!
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:29:27 -0400

Hi,

Trying the tk egg on Ms windows.

  chicken-install -l http://code.call-cc.org/cgi-bin/henrietta.cgi tk

Download  tclkit-8.5.8-win32.upx.exe, put it on the path, rename it to wish.exe,
run a test script.

  csi hello-tk.scm

Works!

csc -deploy hello-tk.scm

Copy wish.exe and tk.so to the deploy directory. Voila! Everything in one place.

Double-clicking from Windows Explorer runs but there is a console window. What
is the preferred technique to eliminate it? I see there is HiddenStart. Is it good?

Instead of copying tk.so to the deploy directory, I could have used this.

  chicken-install -deploy -p hello-tk tk

Is that better? Are the extra files useful?

Thanks.

--
Claude Marinier