[Chicken-users] ANN: Parley v0.1 released: When read-line is n^[A^W^[B

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: [Chicken-users] ANN: Parley v0.1 released: When read-line is n^[A^W^[B
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 22:46:34 +0200

Dear Chicken Fans,

if have implemented a small line editing egg that uses FFI only for
setting terminal properties, so it does not block on waiting for I/O.

It is called parley - Negotiate your input and can be installed
through the usual suspect chicken-install.

I have put up a small ratinonale about it here:
http://pestilenz.org/~ckeen/blog/posts/parley.html

Note that this is easily extendable with *your* favorite keybindings
and I am looking forward to receiving your favorite key binding
implementations.

Extra points for the person to hand in reliable and nice tab
completion for csi.

Criticism, ideas and praise are equally welcome!

Cheers,

Christian

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let