Re: [Chicken-users] Recommended ways to keep 32bit and 64bit chickens

From: Matt Welland
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Recommended ways to keep 32bit and 64bit chickens
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:57:36 -0700

It probably isn't the answer you are looking for but .....

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Sven Hartrumpf <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all.

How do chicken users keep their 32bit chicken and their 64bit chicken
on one computer with minimal version confusion?

Any recommendations welcome.

For Windows and non-Ubuntu OSes at home I use Virtualbox. For 32 bit vs. 64 bit at work I install to completely separate install trees. For what its worth I use this script to make it easy:

http://www.kiatoa.com/cgi-bin/fossils/megatest/artifact?name=0ace91fc0959c3a98c394299876a0a6b723b53b8

The install script creates a couple line setup script that sets PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make setting up to run chicken easy. I haven't bothered to attempt to make it so both 32 and 64 bit can be accessed or run from the same xterm. Since I am installing iup and sqlite3 libraries which are not available on the work machines an install script really is necessary.

Sven