Re: [Chicken-users] catching a "cannot import undefined module" error

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] catching a "cannot import undefined module" error
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 12:35:28 -0700

On Aug 20, 2011, at 7:59 AM, Hugo Arregui wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> is there a way to catch  "cannot import undefined module" error?
>
> I tried with catch and "with-exception-handler" procedures, but they
> don't seems to work.

This is raised as a syntax-error & these do not use the exception machinery.
(Evaluated in a toplevel context anyway so the actual meaning of "(lambda ()
(import foo) ...)" is probably not what one expects.)

Maybe if you describe in more detail what you want to accomplish someone can
provide a more fulfilling answer.

Kon