Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install -n -test

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install -n -test
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:03:00 +0200 (CEST)

From: John J Foerch <address@hidden>
Subject: [Chicken-users] chicken-install -n -test
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:11:20 -0400

> Hello,
>
> I'm writing an egg and I happened to try 'chicken-install -n -test' to
> see if I could run my tests without installing the egg.  This does not
> work in the version of chicken that I'm using (4.6.0 from Debian), so I
> would like to make this a feature request.  When running chicken-install
> from the directory an egg resides in, it would be nice to be able to run
> tests without installing the egg.  This would save the developer having
> to type a sudo password, for example.
>
> Corollary to this, it would be nice, when installing the egg, if the
> tests could run before install, and if a test fails, installation could
> be aborted.

This would require being able to handle multiple extension directories
(or a repository-path with mulitiple items).  Christian suggested this
a while ago, and I see that it would be useful, but it will take a bit
of work to handle this everywhere. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll
take a note, but can't say how long this takes.