Re: [Chicken-users] types.db incorrect

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] types.db incorrect
Date: 05 Sep 2011 20:15:26 +0200

On Sep 5 2011, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:

how would I turn the consequence - which is wrong code at this time - into a warning?

Once the mail has been sent off... I know what I'm asking for:

So far types.db is apparently being used to rely in the code generation
on the assertions made in the type data base and sometimes to issue warnings
about incorrect types given.  What I would really have a use for was, if
the assertions from types.db or whatever I pass with additional -types
parameters would be turned into runtime assertions (before call and before
return) if, and only if, I pass a certain switch to the compiler.

Maybe this exists already?

Thanks
/Jerry