Re: [Chicken-users] Grumpy comments on eggs and an idea.

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Grumpy comments on eggs and an idea.
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 19:07:21 +0900

Hi guys,

    I must admit that the documentation is a bit obtuse, but I laughed
at Matt's characterization
that the interface is for geniuses :-) I am now creating "turn key"
string-specialized
variants of csv and mbox (which suffers from the same problem as csv),
and updating the documentation,
and should have the new versions released in the next few hours.
Thanks for your feedback and thoughts.

There is absolutely no  problem with creating simplified variants of
csv (and everything else abnf based),
so just let me know if things don't work for you.

I wrote the abnf-based eggs mostly for myself, since at the time
people in the Chicken community were more interested in
bitching about licenses rather than being productive and implementing
basic RFCs and other necessities, but I am
happy to get constructive suggestions and  to improve those eggs accordingly.

   -Ivan