Re: [Chicken-users] MacPorts and Chicken

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] MacPorts and Chicken
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 20:41:50 -0400

Hi Jimmy,

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 23:28:58 +0100 Jimmy Coyne <address@hidden> wrote:

> Trying to use Chicken for the first time and having some install issues on
> Snow
> leopard (10.6.8).
>
> Followed the wiki macport instructions  - " sudo port install chicken"
>
> The output is
>
> --->  Fetching archive for chicken
> --->  Attempting to fetch chicken-4.4.0_0.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2 from http://
> packages.macports.org/chicken
> --->  Fetching chicken
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for chicken
> --->  Extracting chicken
> --->  Applying patches to chicken
> --->  Configuring chicken
> --->  Building chicken
> --->  Staging chicken into destroot
> --->  Installing chicken @4.4.0_0
> --->  Activating chicken @4.4.0_0
> --->  Cleaning chicken
>
> All looks good but when i run "csi" nothing happens, no error, no feedback and
> not sure whats wrong.
> Any ideas?

Do you get the shell prompt back?  If so, what does

    echo $?

show?

Alternatively, you can try to use a tool like strace (I don't know
what's the one for osx) to check what is going on.

Anyway, 4.4.0 is a quite old release.  If possible, please consider
using the latest release (4.7.0).  You can get it at
http://code.call-cc.org.

Best wishes.
Mario
--