Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] SRFI-99 record types for CHICKEN

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] SRFI-99 record types for CHICKEN
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:46:30 +0200

Hello,

my implementation of SRFI-99 is now available as an egg. I have fixed
some problems concerning unchecked block access and have added support
for arbitrary record type properties, similar to the structure
properties of Racket, as another extension. The implemented extensions
to the SRFI-99 standard are documented briefly at
http://www.chust.org/fossils/srfi-99/wiki/extensions.

The egg is served directly from its Fossil repository (check the
release information file at
http://www.chust.org/fossils/srfi-99/doc/trunk/srfi-99.release-info
for details). In contrast to what the CHICKEN wiki claims, it is
possible to serve raw files and packaged releases identified by
symbolic tags from Fossil repositories!

As a sidenote, I first tried to specify a URL pointing to a .zip file
of the egg in the release information file but that results in
henrietta serving an empty directory of released files. Specifying a
.tar.gz file instead works fine. If .zip files are not implemented,
maybe they shouldn't be mentioned in the documentation on the wiki.

Ciao,
Thomas