Re: [Chicken-users] Code for parsing multipart/form-data

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Code for parsing multipart/form-data
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:10:37 +0200

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 08:49:24AM +0530, Santosh Rajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for chicken code for parsing multipart/form-data. Can anyone
> point me to the code please? Sure it must be there somewhere, at least in
> the web server code.

Unfortunately there isn't any currently because it's something nobody
has needed yet, and doing this properly and elegantly is not easy.

There was a "http-form-posts" egg which used a port of Gauche's MIME
code for Chicken 3 which is still available from svn at
https://address@hidden/svn/chicken-eggs/release/3/http-server-form-posts

And Alex Shinn's "hato" library also includes some MIME handling code
you might want to use: http://synthcode.com/scheme/hato
(note that the link to the docs are wrong, they should point to
http://synthcode.com/scheme/hato/doc/hato-manual.html)

The latest release of the http-client egg (v0.5, released a few days ago)
contains some hacky code to deal with multipart form posts, though.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx