Re: [Chicken-users] a memory issue; mildly scaring to me

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] a memory issue; mildly scaring to me
Date: 24 Sep 2011 19:53:12 +0200

On Sep 24 2011, Peter Bex wrote:

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 06:08:13PM +0200, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:
Hi,

I tried to change the procedure and instead of those 3 lines
I left a "return 1;" there.  This seems at least to work well
for some simple checks in csi.  But my app will now: a) run
without valgrinds complaint b) into an endless loop.

Taking into account that while compiling the DEBUGBUILD I ignored
a ton of warnings about type issues in irregex.scm, I'm kinda
alarmed that those calls to the questionable equal? originated from
irregex.

Please try the current master first; it contains some bugfixes to
the types database, which make those irregex errors go away
(changeset 0fbbba9d5fc0dcce7b2364beaf3396d501967d0e).

I will do so.  (But have to leave now.)

However, I consider the other part of my posting the real issue:

Those C_block_item statements do - at least in my eyes - reference
some memory, which does not pertain to the objects the equal?
compares.  Independent of "seems to work" judgements it looks
wrong.  If it is correct, I'd really love to see some remarks about
the situation in the source (and sure in the mail list before).

Otherwise I'll see anyway what the update will bring in.  :-)/