Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling modules

From: Blake Sweeney
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling modules
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 17:48:58 -0400

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:16:48 +0200, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
> Units are a really old way of doing "module-like" things.
> The reason the module is undefined when you load it is because
> you don't have an import library.
>
> Try:
>
> $ csc -s -j module-a module-a.scm
> # or csc -J module-a.scm
> $ csc -s module-a.import.scm
>
> I don't know about linking it statically.

Thanks for the help but I'm still lost. I tried:

$ csc -J module-a.scm
$ csc -s module-a.import.scm
$ csc -extend module-a.import.so main.scm
$ ./main

Error: unbound variable: module-a#fn-a

I read a little and it seemed like you include import libraries that aren't in
the normal path by using the extend option when compiling. Was I wrong? Could
you give me a more help?

Thanks,
Blake