[Chicken-users] define-for-syntax & modules

From: Evan Hanson
Subject: [Chicken-users] define-for-syntax & modules
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:29:58 -0400

It appears that modules either leak define-for-syntax bindings, or
aren't meant to contain them. If the latter is the case, please ignore.
However, this seems unintuitive.

  (module test ()
    (import scheme chicken)
    (define-for-syntax + string-append))

  $ csi -nq
  #;1> (use test)
  "abc"
  #;3>

I found a note on import-for-syntax in the manual which looks like it
might refer to the same issue, but I'm not certain. In any case, I
thought I'd bring it up in case this is a bug, or if there's something
I'm missing.

Evan