Re: [Chicken-users] replace signal with sigaction

From: Alan Post
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] replace signal with sigaction
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:27:16 -0600

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 02:15:29PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Alan Post scripsit:
>
> > Does the ANSI C behavior specify that a signal must be re-registered
> > after it is called?  Is it more reliable for me to follow the ANSI
> > C standard or the w32 documentation on this interface?  If w32,
> > where do I find that?
>
> The Woe32 documentation is silent about such fine points: the interface
> probably dates back to Windows 3 or even MS-DOS.  For future reference, it's
> at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/634ca0c2.aspx .

"Before the specified function is executed, the value of func is set
to SIG_DFL. The next interrupt signal is treated as described for
SIG_DFL, unless an intervening call to signal specifies otherwise.
This feature lets you reset signals in the called function."

That's good enough (well not really *good*, but *enough*) to know
how to implement signal handling on missing-sigaction platforms.

Thank you,

-Alan
--
.i ma'a lo bradi cu penmi gi'e du