Re: [Chicken-users] strange error messages when compiling with -O3 switc

From: Alan Post
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] strange error messages when compiling with -O3 switch
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 14:11:33 -0600

On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 04:53:29PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> after having rewritten my tuples egg and tried to install it with
> chicken-install, I got a lot of warnings of type
>
> warning: at toplevel: in procedure call in 'g..',
> expectet x arguments, but was given 0
>
> I can't understand the reason for that, because according to the tests
> the egg works. Moreover, compiling with -O2 instead of -O3 no warnings
> appear. Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Juergen

My initial thought, reading this, was to wonder if you compiled your
chicken with too old a chicken compiler, not performing a bootstrap.
And as such you've got an inconsistent compiling generating this error
message.

Do other eggs/codes work?  Can you reproduce this outside of the
tuples egg?

-Alan
--
.i ma'a lo bradi cu penmi gi'e du