[Chicken-users] [patch] SDL's FFI misused c-pointer

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: [Chicken-users] [patch] SDL's FFI misused c-pointer
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 20:48:30 +0200

Hi!

I came across a similar situation than my last post about the cairo
egg. Culprit of this week is SDL. I know that there are more people
using SDL than cairo so I am posting the patch against SDL trunk
here first.

The issue is triggered when you provide sdl-fill-rect with a sdl-color
struct instead of a mapped number. (If you do not know what this
means now you are probably fine).

When passing a sdl-color struct to this procedure it results in
passing the pointer of the blob containing the struct data to the
C library. For this a scheme-pointer should be used instead of a
c-pointer.

If you do this without the patch you will get a type error as the
FFI checks for the c-pointer tag (thanks for that).

So please SDL users, test this before I will break your nice
application. I think this has never been working before so it should
be ok, but -- just in case -- test.

Thanks,

Christian

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let