Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] BerkeleyDB binding

From: Andy Bennett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] BerkeleyDB binding
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:13:24 +0100

Hi,

> during the past days I've written a small binding for the BerkelyDB
> library. You can find the code here:
>
>   http://www.chust.org/fossils/berkeley-db
>
> You get a persistent key value store backed by files with an interface
> loosely resembling that of a SRFI-69 hash table. There is transaction
> support. The binding takes care of platform independent serialization
> of Scheme values.

How does licensing of this work?
I understand that BDB is available under the GPL for certain uses. Does
your work get infected with that or is it entirely stand-alone?
What happens if I have BDB under a commercial license? (Which, at work,
I do.)

http://www.chust.org/fossils/berkeley-db/doc/trunk/LICENSE.txt

Many thanks.

Regards,