Re: [Chicken-users] Deployment test failure (latest sources, FreeBSD)

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Deployment test failure (latest sources, FreeBSD)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 09:12:21 +0100

* Vitaly Magerya <address@hidden> [111120 23:47]:
> Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have also tried it with the attached patch, that should give the
> > correct flags, maybe we are still missing something...
> >
> > Does the patch improve the situation for you?
>
> Indeed it does for me.

Cool!

> Since it doesn't work for you on OpenBSD, I propose to test it on
> NetBSD and DragonFlyBSD too, and then commit a similar patch that
> would only add "-Wl,-z,origin" where it is know to work.

Yes, that has been my intention.

> Do we have NetBSD and/or DragonFlyBSD people on board?
> Could you perform the test described earlier?

Peter and Alaric are NetBSD users, let's wait for feedback from
them. I will see that I get it to work on OpenBSD.

> In any case, I'll try to get virtual machines with those systems going
> in a day, and will report back (if no-one will beat me to it).

Looking forward to it! I am glad that we get -deploy to work on
more systems again.

Thanks for your help!

Christian

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let