[Chicken-users] chicken-install and proxy authentication

From: Vok Vojwo
Subject: [Chicken-users] chicken-install and proxy authentication
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 11:01:14 +0100

I get an error during the proxy authentication of chicken-install:

$ chicken-install -debug -n -proxy host:port -username me -password
mypw http-client
retrieving ...
resolving alias `kitten-technologies' to:
http://chicken.kitten-technologies.co.uk/henrietta.cgi
connecting to host "chicken.kitten-technologies.co.uk", port 80 (via
host:port) ...
requesting "/henrietta.cgi?name=http-client&mode=default" ...
reading response ...
HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required
HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required
Proxy-Authenticate: BASIC realm="realm"
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
Proxy-Connection: close
reading files ...

Error: invalid file name - possibly corrupt transmission: <html>

I tried to use the -debug option but it does not offer additional
information. How can I find out whats going wrong here?