Re: [Chicken-users] Why does the JSON egg map JSON structs to Scheme vec

From: Moritz Heidkamp
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Why does the JSON egg map JSON structs to Scheme vectors instead of alists?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:39:52 +0100

Vok Vojwo <address@hidden> writes:
> I think the Medea egg intends to do it the right way. But it seems to be
> buggy.
>
> And it has a voracious appetite

It does indeed :-)

> Medea fails to parse the data:
>
> (use medea)
> (read-json json) ;; => #f

Thanks for the hint. I managed to bisect it down to a Unicode character
in one of the strings ("’"). Looking at medea's test suite I found this:

;; (test-read '#("Дҫ") "[\"Дҫ\"]") ; FIXME genturfahi needs utf8 support for
that to work

So thanks for the reminder, I should mention this limitation in medea's
documentation. Alan, would it be possible to make genturfahi UTF-8
aware?

Moritz