Re: [Chicken-users] Why does the JSON egg map JSON structs to Scheme vec

From: Alan Post
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Why does the JSON egg map JSON structs to Scheme vectors instead of alists?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:33:26 -0700

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 06:39:52PM +0100, Moritz Heidkamp wrote:
> Vok Vojwo <address@hidden> writes:
> > I think the Medea egg intends to do it the right way. But it seems to be
> > buggy.
> >
> > And it has a voracious appetite
>
> It does indeed :-)
>

> > Medea fails to parse the data:
> >
> > (use medea)
> > (read-json json) ;; => #f
>
> Thanks for the hint. I managed to bisect it down to a Unicode character
> in one of the strings ("’"). Looking at medea's test suite I found this:
>
> ;; (test-read '#("Дҫ") "[\"Дҫ\"]") ; FIXME genturfahi needs utf8 support for
> that to work
>
> So thanks for the reminder, I should mention this limitation in medea's
> documentation. Alan, would it be possible to make genturfahi UTF-8
> aware?

Yes.  I will accomplish it over the hackathon weekend.  My first
attempt didn't go well, though it was because I was having trouble
getting basic UTF-like things working in Chicken at all.  I actually
have some of the required support ready to be checked in here in my
local repository.

-Alan
--
.i ma'a lo bradi cu penmi gi'e du