Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install and proxy authentication

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install and proxy authentication
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:50:41 +0100

* Vok Vojwo <address@hidden> [111130 18:46]:
> I have still this problem although the authentication with Wget, Curl
> and Firefox works fine. I think this must be a bug in chicken-install
> or the underlying HTTP module.
>
> As a workaround I did some reverse engineering and wrote a simple Bash
> script to fetch an egg. It is attached.

I wanted to add it as a bug in the bugtracker and found bug #414:

https://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/414

Quote:

" Since Basic authentication needs a base64 string and this egg is
not in use in chicken-install, the user needs to configure the
proxy_auth environment variable with such encoded string.

As an example of usage, try

# proxy_auth=$(echo -n user:pass | base64) chicken-install egg"

Did you try this?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let