Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install and proxy authentication

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install and proxy authentication
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 17:05:46 +0100

* Vok Vojwo <address@hidden> [111201 17:02]:
> 2011/11/30 Christian Kellermann <address@hidden>:
> >
> > " Since Basic authentication needs a base64 string and this egg is
> > not in use in chicken-install, the user needs to configure the
> > proxy_auth environment variable with such encoded string.
> >
> > As an example of usage, try
> >
> > # proxy_auth=$(echo -n user:pass | base64) chicken-install egg"
> >
> > Did you try this?
>
> No I did not know that this is the right way. I tried the Wget and
> Curl way by specifying the credentials in the http_proxy environment
> variable. And I tried to pass it to the -username and -password
> options. Both failed.
>
> But the proxy_auth environment variable works! Thank you!
>
> Would be nice if chicken-install -h gives this hint.

I agree, I wanted to make sure this is still valid. I will update
the help text.

Thanks for your patience and for flying with CHICKEN wings...

Kind regards,

Christian

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let