Re: [Chicken-users] Sendfile error on Red Hat 5.5 64 Bit

From: Vok Vojwo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Sendfile error on Red Hat 5.5 64 Bit
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:36:43 +0100

2011/12/1 David Krentzlin <address@hidden>:

> i think i might have found the culprit. Do you mind trying current tip from
> https://bitbucket.org/certainty/sendfile ?

Same error:

sendfile.c: In function `stub205':
sendfile.c:78: error: `POSIX_FADV_SEQUENTIAL' undeclared (first use in
this function)

But I found a difference between my 32 Bit and 64 Bit system. On the
32 Bit system I have two definitions:

$ find /usr/include/ -type f | xargs grep POSIX_FADV_SEQUENTIAL
/usr/include/linux/fadvise.h:#define POSIX_FADV_SEQUENTIAL      2 /*
Expect sequential page references.  */
/usr/include/bits/fcntl.h:# define POSIX_FADV_SEQUENTIAL        2 /*
Expect sequential page references.  */

And on the 64 Bit system I have only one:

# find /usr/include/ -type f | xargs grep POSIX_FADV_SEQUENTIAL
/usr/include/bits/fcntl.h:# define POSIX_FADV_SEQUENTIAL        2 /*
Expect sequential page references.  */

The file is part of the kernel headers:
$ rpm -qf /usr/include/linux/fadvise.h
kernel-headers-2.6.18-194.8.1.el5

And the kernel-headers are not installed on the 64 Bit system.

But the main problem seems to me that the probe works and the
compilation does not. So the probe includes something different than
the compilation. I did not try if the installation of the kernel
headers fixes the problem, because right now I do not know if I am
allowed to do it on the production system. But the difference between
the probe and the compilation is still a bug I think.