Re: [Chicken-users] Bugs in documentation and Mac OS X 10.6.8 executable

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bugs in documentation and Mac OS X 10.6.8 executable generation broken
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:50:55 +0100

Hello Watson,

* Watson Ladd <address@hidden> [111205 11:32]:

> man csc suggests sending bug reports to address@hidden I
> did so, and received a message back indicating it was bounced as I was
> not a subscriber. i

> csc has no comprehensive listing of options. And
> lastly, the bug that started this entire exercise, on Mac OS X csc -ss
> generates a Mach O bundle, not an executable.

csc -h produces this list for me, a detailed description might be
found in the manual or on the online copy: http://api.call-cc.org/doc/csc

>From your description I am not able to guess what you want to do.

To generate a "normal" executable with chicken from a scheme file
called "foo.scm" one would call csc like this:

$ csc foo.scm

to generate a binary "foo".

The -s switch is used to generate shared objects, usually used when
compiling modules as extensions. See
http://api.call-cc.org/doc/chicken/eggs for details on those.

I am not sure where you got the "-ss" switch from, where did you
find that and what did you intend to do?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let